Why take out Workplace Accident Insurance?
- Because it is legally binding.
- When the employer is not properly insured, he will have to negotiate himself the pay out of the claim with the worker’s family.
- In addition, the employer is liable to a substantial fine for lack of insurance.
How is calculated the yearly insurance premium?
- According to the type of activity, the number of employees and the payroll. It is also calculated on the basis of what the employer has set in the company’s collective agreement.
- The law provides for statutory scales according to the level of salary.
- The premium is paid yearly and the amounts are very reasonable if you take into account the risks incurred by the employer who is not insured.
Why take out this insurance with BAC?
- BAC helps you establish the insurance contract and sets the amount of the premium to the best of your interests.
- In the event of a claim, the insured customer is free from all the hassles caused by the accident.
- The local BAC expert moves to the scene of the accident to follow the police’s and hospital’s report.
- Medical expenses are covered and / or monitored by BAC through its Lisungi program.
- In the event of a worker’s disability, BAC deals with the HOLLARD insurer to pay for lump sum allowance to the victim.
Hollard Group is the largest independent and private insurance group based in South Africa. Hollard offers a wide range of products for companies such as fire, water damage, political risks, transportation, engineering, construction, investment and industrial accidents.