Why take out civil liability insurance?
- First, because it is legally binding. This coverage is also contractually required from subcontractors in construction and mining sectors.
- The employer is civilly liable when one of his workers, as part of his work, causes an accident affecting the property and persons of a third party (equipment, stock, products, building, etc.).
- In case the company is not correctly insured, it will have to negotiate itself with the third parties the pay out of the claim. The case usually ends up in court. In addition, the employer is liable to a substantial fine for lack of insurance.
- The victims are quickly compensated to close the claim..
How is calculated the insurance premium?
- The premium is calculated according to the type of activity, the number of employees and the payroll. The premium may be annual or fixed for a fixed period, for example in the case of a specific project.
- The amount of premiums is very reasonable. It represents only a fraction of the company’s turnover while effectively protecting it against the risks incurred in the event of a loss.
Why take out this insurance with BAC?
- In the event of a claim, LAC relieves the insured customer of any hassle.
- A BAC expert who is permanently based in the DRC, moves immediately to the scene of the accident to process on behalf of the insurer with the complainants and the concerned administrations.
American International Group (AIG) is one of the world’s leading insurance companies. Headquartered in New York, AIG has 74 million customers worldwide. Its network extends to more than 130 countries. Its clients are individuals, institutions and companies. In the United States, AIG is the largest insurance arbitrator for the commercial and industrial sectors. This group is listed on the NYSE, as well as on the Zurich, Paris and Tokyo stock exchanges.